Friday, July 25, 2014

Girls Camp at the Cabin




















I just did my second girls camp as camp director and this year I took them up to our family cabin. The leaders slept inside and the girls slept out in tents. My theme was "WHO am I " focusing on the girls knowing that they are daughters of God and I used owls to pull it all together. I think it went really well.
We did crafts, played games, certified, hiked, cooked, did skits, did a service project, had a testimony meeting, did a value hike, ate smores, and built lasting relationships! The girls favorite thing was playing in the Salina creek! They loved it and begged to go back the next day.  I had the girls paint for a service project and we gifted this picnic table to my in-laws for the use of their cabin & property. One of the best parts for me was having my sweet husband take off work to assist as one of the priesthood leaders! The last picture is of all of us leaders who came to camp and the short sweet lady in the front is my assistant camp director Bonnie. She is so amazing and knows so much, I hope to be like her one day she is the greatest example!

No comments: