Saturday, July 24, 2010

Herriman 5k Run…

family pictures 2010 001

June 27th I ran my second 5k but not with the same success as the first one. I had the flu for two days prior and also the morning of still not good. I knew I had to give it a try anyway but lesson learned don’t run if your body isn’t healthy. I had to walk a lot and my body was telling me to just stop moving. I felt horrible and my body felt even worse. I cried the whole way home because I was so disappointed in my run. Two days prior to the run I met my sister at the route of this 5k run and we ran it together to see how it would go. We both ran it together successfully and had a great time. So I guess this was a good lesson for me to learn that things don’t always go as planned and that I shouldn’t be so hard on myself at least I made it across the finish line.

1 comment:

Kellybee said...

This is awesome! I should be out there with you guys. I bet it was fun to run with your sister. Keep it up ladies!