Monday, March 11, 2013

16 year Anniversary














March 7th was our 16 year wedding anniversary, Wow! I can't believe I've been married for that long, I still feel like I'm a young newlywed. We are so blessed as a couple and never take a day for granted. We have learned over the years when to let things go and to appreciate what each other brings to the marriage. I love that after this many years our disagreements don't last long and I would say we rarely fight. Some might think we bicker alot but we like to mess with each other and keep the other on their toes. I love that Warren gets my sense of humor and I can say the most random thing and he laughs along side of me. We make sure at least once a week we have a date night and really look forward to our time alone. It is so true what they say about a happy couple makes the best parents; we are better parents by putting our marriage first. I feel lucky every day that god blessed me with such a sweet, giving, and hardworking man. I love that he not only tells me that he loves me everyday but he shows me with the way he puts me first.
I had a lot of PTA responsibilities this week and even spent our anniversary most of the night at our school book fair but we took a minute late that night to go out for ice cream and talk. Then the next day my dad and bonus mom Jana took our kids for the weekend. Warren and I had a great time together watching movies, shopping, going to dinners, and I even had a region basketball game too.
I love that our marriage gets stronger every year and I look forward to each coming year that I have with my best friend, partner in crime, and lover. I love that our kids see our affection for one another so they know what a loving marriage looks like. I guess the only down side to that is that they are always yelling at us to "GET A ROOM"!!

1 comment:

Buzybugs pixie.blogspot.com said...

Happy, Happy Anniversary! I hope your day was GREAT! Warren is a great guy, we appreciate him, he is so great to my family and we appreciate his service in helping with fixing my brother's car.