Saturday, June 29, 2013

A day at the Pool...



















The boys are at scout camp this week so I have tried every day to plan something fun with the girls and we have already been to the movies, played at McDonald's twice, swam in the backyard pool and so I asked my brother Garrett if we could come over this day to his apartment pool. I was babysitting George this day so we had him along and we all had the best time! The girls swam their little butts off and I taught George how to maneuver in a life jacket to swim around the pool. Rylee was cute as always and wanted me to catch her every time she jumped into the water. We did have a scary moment when Brynlee caught my attention to a little six year old boy who was in the deep in struggling to stay above the water. I had Rylee in my arms and George next to me so I yelled at Garrett to swim over to him. While he was getting the boy to the edge of the pool I yelled over to his mom who was busy having a conversation with her two friends that her son just about drowned. She ran over and thanked us a million times and the pore boy just layed on the edge of the pool gasping for air and coughing and out of breath. It was so sad and broke my heart to see how neglectful his mom was when he didn't know how to swim. It was about 100 degrees outside and a perfect day to swim despite the scary trauma, I only say that because I could see how rattled Baylee was and it took her a while to want to get back in the water. She just stared at the boy and looked so worried. I don't like to be out in the sun and swimming is about the last thing I want to do in the summer but I bucked up and took the kids and we had a great time. Thanks to my brother for the free swim party, we can't wait to do it again!!

No comments: