Friday, June 28, 2013

Happy 12th Birthday Carson!!


















Carson turned 12 on June 21st and what a special Birthday. About a month before his Birthday Warren and I were in the car discussing Carson and what a great son he is and I just started balling because I can't believe that I will have another son who will hold the priesthood. The years seem to fly by so fast these days and I remember the day Carson was born like it was yesterday. Carson had a friend Birthday party earlier in the month and had a great time at the church gym playing games like: dodge ball, speed, soccer, and we also played a candy bar game. We had pizza, donuts, cookies, licorice, pop, powerade for the boys to munch on. It broke my heart when none of his friends from school showed up and I could see how hurt he was but most of everyone else showed up and we made the best of it. We also had a family Birthday on a Saturday night and Carson was so excited to get a gun from Grandpa & Grandma Rawson. It is something that the grandsons look forward to when they turn 12. Carson is such a great person and son. He is so giving, helpful, loving, friendly, and funny. Carson hates it when I call him this but he is a "label whore".  He only likes clothes and things that have brand names like Nike, Puma, BYU etc. He cracks me up, except for the fact that I can't afford his tastes. Carson is very athletic and by far my favorite thing to watch him do is SOCCER! I think his talent is amazing and I would love to see him focus on only that but he also loves football and basketball. Carson works hard in scouts and is always willing to mow the lawn when he is asked and sometimes he just offers because he sees it needs to be done. Carson is the type of kid that wakes up close to noon in the summer but stays out all day with his friends until it's after dark. Carson never eats unless it has sugar in it and always has cavities (surprise, surprise), he is so excited to turn 12 and go to young men's. I love this kid so much and want him to stop growing up. Happy 12th Birthday Carson, you are the greatest!!

No comments: