Monday, October 6, 2008

Conference Weekend....


My weekend started with the flu but ended with family fun. Sunday my kids and I drove to Farr West where my Dad and step mom Jana live. We bottled Salsa! Yum, it turned out great. Jana taught me alot about making salsa and it went pretty fast with the three of us. My sister Elisa and her kids came also( her husband is hunting and mine is working we were husband less). Thanks Jana, I can't wait to do it again next year!

We took a break from salsa to make homemade pizza's. The kids loved it. They all got to form their own dough to make the crust and put on whatever toppings they desired. Everyone had their own mini pizza, and it turned out delicious!

We ended the night with Jana giving me a color and giving me bangs for the first time in 12 years. In High School I started to grow them out and my bangs were as long as my hair. I was for some reason feeling adventurous, I think it was because Warren was gone. I like to surprise him with my hair every now and then. He was very shocked on the phone when I told him what I did but he said he's sure I'm still sexy! What a sweetheart!

This is me the next day, trying to get an after picture. It's not the greatest since I'm taking it myself but here's the new look. My hair is chocolate brown with honey highlights and of course my new bangs. It already feels so different the jury's out on this one. What I did hear of conference was awesome! I love the spirit that I feel each time I hear the words and music each conference. I really feel lucky to have the gospel in my life. I always looked at my mom as a boob each conference because she was always crying. Now I am doing the same thing. The spirit is so strong that it really resonates my soul. I always come away from conference wanting to do better, and so I will try! P. S. I miss my Husband and it has only been 2 days!

4 comments:

Julie said...

Your hair is so cute!! I hope Baylee is feeling better - it is so hard to see little kids sick.

Ashley said...

Your hair looks GREAT! I like it! So, did you use stuff out of your garden for the salsa?

Michelle said...

LOVE your hair. The highlights are subtle and GORGEOUS!!

jana rawson said...

Man, you look HOT!! Who does you hair, anyway?! LOL!! I do like you with bangs!! Are you adjusting? The salsa making was gr8and so was the pizza! Hope all is well!! Love you tons!!