Monday, September 30, 2013

Happy 15th Birthday....






















September 17th we celebrated Connor's 15th Birthday!! I can't believe how big my baby boy is. I am freaking out that I only have a few more precious years with him in our home. Don't get me wrong I will be happy to not deal with his raging teenage nonsense when he leaves but in all seriousness have I done all I can to prepare him for this world? I feel like these last few years with him I am trying to run a marathon and get in all the knowledge and love and life lessons that he will need to be the strong man that I know he can be. I just hope that we have given him the foundation to get him through the ups and downs of life.
Connor is very responsible in his school work, I never have to tell him to do his homework he just does it. Connor is strong and independent and is hardly ever home. Warren and I have been very lenient with letting him hang out with friends and go to sporting events if he is all caught up in his schoolwork and if he is respectful and follows the rules at home. We have our moments with him but he does great for the most part. Connor has lots of friends and fits right in in high school.
We took Connor to Texas Roadhouse for his birthday dinner and had a great time. All Connor wanted for his birthday was to get his learners permit to drive and as soon as we can get him to the DMV that is what he will get. Connor is obsessed with driving, even to the point that he has the young woman's president in our ward wrapped around his finger and gets to drive home from mutual every week. Happy Birthday Connor, we love you so much!!

No comments: