Monday, September 30, 2013

Cabbage or Pumpkins


 















Sometime ago, I believe at the end of last years school year; Brynlee brought home a small cabbage plant and asked if she could plant it for a contest. I didn't think much of it and told the kids to go plant it in the front flower bed and this is what we got.... pumpkins. As the plant was growing we slowly noticed that it wasn't looking like a cabbage. I have never grown pumpkins before or cabbage and so I had no idea what to look for until neighbors were telling us that we were growing pumpkins. In a few short months it took over the front yard, we would go on vacation and come home to see it double in size. So I don't know what the contest rules are but I think we scored big with four giant pumpkins; one for each child in our family!

No comments: