Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Happy Hunting!!





















October 4th my handsome hairy husband turned 38! I say hairy because he was growing his beard for a couple weeks to prepare himself for the elk hunt. Warren had been planning this trip for months and has been so excited to hunt for the first time up at the cabin. Warren took my dad and brother Travis and also his friend Russ and his uncle Richard with him. Warren stayed the longest, leaving on his birthday Friday night and came home nine days later on a Sunday afternoon. They were all unsuccessful at taking down an elk but had a great time other wise. This is definitely Warren's kind of birthday treat to be out hunting in the great outdoors. I sometimes wonder if it was meant to be for Warren to have his birthday during hunting season.
 It's hard having him gone and I usually get real onry right before he leaves but I know how hard he works all year long. I just have to remind myself how much he really deserves this time away doing something that he loves. I have yet to meet another man who comes close to the kind of man that I have married! Warren is so giving and has such a sweet heart for others. I have learned to be more compassionate because of his example. Being married to my best friend is truly special. I love our goofy, playful times together and even when he gets on my last nerve I can't help but melt for him. Nine days was a long time away from him but the reunion we had was AMAZING!! ( Sorry kids we are still in love ) Happy Birthday Warny!!

No comments: