Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Charity Never Faileth

The Sunday before Thanksgiving I gave a talk in Sacrament meeting and for the first time in my life I wasn't terrified. I was nervous at first when asked but after studying and preparing and feeling inspired on the things I was going to say the nerves went away. I prayed so hard to be confident and not nervous and my prayers were answered. I even gave personal experiences that were not scripted where I just expressed my thoughts and emotions and that was a first. It might seem silly to some who read this but for me this was huge. I hate talking in front of people and have even turned down giving prayers in Sacrament meeting because of this fear.
My topic I was asked to speak on was Charity. I found so many great quotes and information that the talk came together rather quickly. It was such a great experience for me and the love I felt from so many after the meeting with many kind words of thanks and good jobs filled my bucket! I had a sweet woman in my ward call me later that Sunday evening telling me how much my talk touched her and another woman whom I visit teach called me the following day and asked me for a copy of my talk. This just goes to show that you never know who you can touch but with the Spirit at work all things are possible!!

No comments: