Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Stomach Pain

About a week before Christmas Brynlee started getting really bad stomach pain. She cried off and on for a couple of days and it would get worse right after she ate. Brynlee had similar symptoms back when she was four or five and we had her at primary children's doing many tests and even took her to a gastroenterologist. They told us nothing other than it could be this or that and it was very frustrating. I knew it had to be something that really bothered her because she stayed home from school the last day before Christmas break and she went to sleepover at my dad's and during the movie Frozen she started getting really bad pains and she ended up coming home because of it.
I took her to the doctors a few days later and told him what was going on and he said I think I know what this could be, he then asked if they could get an ex ray of her stomach to confirm it, I said yes.
He showed me her exray and showed me that her stomach doesn't have the normal gas patterns in it because she was so backed up with poop. He said she probably had this problem since she was young and her bowels need to be shrunk back down. He gave me a five step detailed plan of how to get her back to normal again. She had to be on a two day cleanse that fell right on Christmas Eve and Christmas day ( poor girl was in the bathroom for two days) and she also has to take Miralax for six months. She has to have a Fiber Breakfast every day and drink lots of water. He even wants her to have scheduled potty time. By he end of the six months her stool needs to be like cooked oatmeal ( gross I know ). Brynlee has felt  so much better since we started all of this, and I'm so glad this is all her pain turned out to be.

No comments: