Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Christmas 2013





















We had a great Christmas this year as we always do. I woke up at 8:00am and went out to see if the kids were awake yet and Brynlee was watching t.v. all by herself. I said to her don't you guys want to open presents, I told her to go wake everyone up. I couldn't believe that no one was up and begging to open presents. Santa brought one gift ( my new tradition I started last year) and a stocking and then Warren and I gave all the kids several gifts each. We had the money this year to give them a bit more than usual but my perspective on it is we don't over indulge are kids through out the year so at Christmas I like to get them what they want and a few of what they need. We had a nice Christmas Eve celebration to really focus on the true meaning of Christmas. This is part of why I think Santa should only bring one thing, I don't want them to think Christmas is all about what Santa brings them. I hope they get what I am doing one day and someday understand what I am trying to instill in each of them.
We always take a family picture every year on Christmas and one with grandma Cherie. My mom came and had breakfast with us and brought gifts and then later that afternoon we went over to the in-laws for a brunch and more presents. What a great year!! :)

No comments: